- 250g/4oz Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Egg
- 600ml/ 1pt Milk
- Oil for frying
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in the rest of the milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter. I use a handle held mixer to mix the batter and I sieve once I am finished to make sure there are no lumps left.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes. (Personally, I like to make it the night before and store it in the fridge).
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto the pan.
- Fry until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side until brown also.
- Stack pancakes on a large plate, as they are cooked.
- Dust with Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar, add a squeeze of lemon juice, roll up and serve
- Drizzle with Honey or Maple Syrup
- Fresh fruit served with natural yoghurt or whipped cream
- Stewed apples, flavoured with cinnamon and a dollop of fresh cream
- Or if you are strange like me you could have yours with chef brown sauce – don’t judge till you have tried it, it’s amazing.